SGI Seeks Electrician for Blue Ridge Summit Plant
Specialty Granules LLC (SGI) is seeking an experienced Electrician at their Plant in Blue Ridge Summit, PA.
Reporting to the Electrician Supervisor, the Electrician works within the Maintenance Department, partners closely with Operations to minimize Plant downtime.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Trouble shooting, repairing, rebuilding, installation, and demolition of the plant’s electrical equipment and machinery, including motors, panels, generating equipment, lighting circuits, communication systems, etc.
- Maintain the facility in an electrically safe condition.
- Respond to process upsets with a sense of urgency.
- Comply with regulatory governing bodies with regard to electrical installations, mining safety, and occupational health; and with Company safe practices and established procedures.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the field of electrical theory, motor control, and automation.
- Maybe required to perform other miscellaneous assignments as directed.
The Electrician will be required to work various shifts and weekends as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have knowledge of AC/DC motor controls, PLC’s pneumatics, hydraulics and technical experience working with blue prints and schematics
- Experience with single and 3 phase AC motor controls in an industrial environment, including MCCs, soft starters and VFDs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NFPA70 and 70E, as pertaining to heavy industry, with experience in Arc Flash protection boundaries and PPE.
- Proficiency in control switches, such as position, level, pressure and flow; understanding failsafe wiring methods and ability to provide application recommendations for controls.
Knowledge of plant communication networks, analog/digital signal circuits, and/or industrial electronics.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ electrical experience in an industrial manufacturing environment and process monitoring is preferred.
- Completion of an electrical proficiency qualification or apprentice program desired.
- Previous maintenance experience in an industrial setting
- Working knowledge of Allen-Bradley controllers, I/O modules and programming software.
- Background in instrumentation, including pressure, level, flow and temperature sensors.
Qualified applicants may apply here.