Delaware Valley Concrete Searching For Plant Manager
Delaware Valley Concrete Company is a ready mix concrete supplier with eight plants in southeastern Pennsylvania in Bucks, Chester, and Lancaster and Montgomery counties. Founded in 1955, DVC supplies only the highest quality products and service to our customers and is one of the area's leading concrete construction companies. This achievement and ongoing commitment to quality is only accomplished through an experienced, well-trained and talented staff. We are looking for individuals who are committed to providing outstanding customer service, are ready to work in a strong team environment and are prepared to grow with us as we grow. Plant Manager needed for New Britain, Doylestown, PA.
Manages ready mix plant operations. Maintains equipment and materiel to produce concrete and ensures delivery of requested products to customers. Responsible for the safety of plant personel and drivers. Reports to Production Manager with required reports and briefings. Coordinates with central dispatch to ensure timely distribution of cement while maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Enforces the wearing of appropriate safety equipment in the plant at all times
- Coordinates monthly plant and truck inspections
- Responsible for consistent batching sequence and monitoring scale and gate accuracy
- Assesses the quality of materials delivered and maintains a log of changes in aggregate moisture
- Monitors loading and tempering time; working with the Mixer Operators to arrive on each jobsite in a timely fashion
- Reviews, daily, a pre-shift inspection checklist to ensure equipment is functioning properly
- Responsible for performing preventive maintenance procedures. Periodic inspections are performed to inspect bin integrity, dust collection system, admixture dispensers, gate and rams, and aerator functionality
- Ensures the plant performs at targeted capacity at all times
- Responsible for overall housekeeping including the plant, batch office, and driver and equipment appearance
Minimum Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED, Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- 5 years’ experience with concrete and related products.
- 1 year maintenance and supervisory experience preferred
- Possess a current driver’s license
- Self-starter with desire to promote values and business principles
- Ability to direct, teach, motivate, and coach
- Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate positive working relationships with all levels of management and staff
- Exercise independent decision-making, prioritize conflicting demands, and communicate with multiple associates.
- Must be able to read and write in the English language
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time ,stand, stoop and bend
- Must have manual dexterity to use hand tools, and be able to see and hear
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
May require periods of work in all weather conditions-heat, cold, wet or dry. May have exposure to dust, sand, gravel, diesel exhaust, etc.
- Prescription Drug
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401(k) with Company matching
- Employee Life Insurance
Apply online at www.dvc-concrete.com