Delaware Valley Concrete to Hire Quality Control Technician
Delaware Valley Concrete Company is a ready mix concrete supplier with eight plants in southeastern Pennsylvania in Bucks, Chester, and Lancaster and Montgomery counties. Founded in 1955, DVC supplies only the highest quality products and service to our customers and is one of the area's leading concrete construction companies. This achievement and ongoing commitment to quality is only accomplished through an experienced, well-trained and talented staff. We are looking for individuals who are committed to providing outstanding customer service, are ready to work in a strong team environment and are prepared to grow with us as we grow.
They are looking for energetic, hardworking persons to join our Quality Control Department as a Quality Control Technicians for Lancaster and Chester Counties.
This full time position for a laboratory technician includes all aspects of quality control testing, record keeping and production problem trouble shooting. Hours can vary according to according to need. Must be reliable, and have good communication skills.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes group medical, dental and life insurance, a 401k Plan and opportunities for growth and advancement.
Job Title: QC Technician
Reports To: QC Manager
Classification: Hourly, Non-exempt
Responsible for quality testing of our ready mix products at our plant locations and our customer job sites.
- Performs quality control tests on aggregate and concrete products including but not to, field testing (slump, air content, unit weight, yield, cylinders, etc.), gradations on production aggregates, and lab work (compression testing and scheduling). Mixes and tests trial batches.
- Transport test cylinders to the lab, log, strip and mark cylinders, break cylinders.
- Observe and record sampling and test abnormalities.
- Maintains accurate and current documentation of testing procedures and results.
- Maintains lab area and lab equipment according to industry quality control standards.
- Maintains all necessary certifications for testing procedures.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Keeps shop clean and organized to promote professionalism, safety and efficiency
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor or other management employees.
- High School diploma or equivalent, College Degree preferred
- Six months of related experience or training is preferred in a lab or QC setting
- ACI Concrete Field Tech Level I
- Current valid driver’s license required.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret information
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
Apply online at www.dvc-concrete.com